I’m a geek who’s a purist at heart. When I’m not driving my 6-speed sports car, playing fighting video games using only arcade sticks or rocking some insanely fast metal licks on guitar, I write. I write because it elicits emotions, and those emotions are my life’s work. Whether I’m writing something heartfelt, funny or thought-provoking, lead breaks faster than I can keep up with.
My current trade is copywriting and I’m loving every second of it.
Sep 2015 - Present
• Brainstorming and developing creative advertising campaigns.
• Writing short and long form copy for various media outlets including print, internet, social media, direct mail and radio.
• Organizing, writing and assisting in the creation of direct mail letters that mail to millions each quarter.
• Proofreading copy to ensure tip-top accuracy.
Ogilvy & Mather
Nov 2013 - Apr 2015
• Brainstormed and developed advertising campaigns for multi-million dollar companies that led to strong quantifiable sales.
• Wrote short and long form copy for platforms such as print, outdoor, digital, social and radio.
• Crafted well designed bid-winning and client-winning presentations.
• Proofread all copy to ensure accurate grammar was used and no mistakes were printed.
The Cheesecake Factory • Pinkberry • P.F. Chang’s • Potbelly • IKEA • VIVA • Jazeera Airways • Alshaya • Ali Abdulwahab Al Mutawa
Nov 2012 - Jan 2013
Public Relations Intern
• Researched current social media trends to create innovative campaigns that were implemented across all major social media platforms and presented analytical presentations to the director for review.
• Developed and nurtured business relations with local influencers and major publications to pitch press releases that resulted in three new partnerships and seven published press articles.
McDonald's • Diet Center
Jun 2012 - Jul 2012
• Researched, designed and produced two advertisements for upcoming exhibitions at the Hood Museum of Art.
• Wrote, directed, edited and produced a video highlighting the international student experience at Dartmouth College that is live on their YouTube channel.
American University of Kuwait
Spring 2010 - Fall 2012
Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications
Graduating GPA: 3.5 - Cum Laude
• Dean’s Honors List - Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Spring 2012, Fall 2012
• Annual Speech Contest 2010 – Second place in prepared speech and second place in impromptu speech.
Summer 2007 - Fall 2009
Studied Computer Engineering
I'm skilled in conceptualization, writing and proofreading.
I'm proficient at Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, HTML + CSS, Social Media and Photography.
I'm fluent in English. and can speak/write/read a little bit of Arabic.